It took hours and hours on end but I am finally finished tidying up the group! As I promised before, this means you can now submit your paintings! I have some information to post but I'll make a TL;DR summary first, for those of you with short attention spans:
- If your submission breaks group rules, it will be denied flat out. Check the rules on the Home or About Us page.
- Group actions and abilities for the various levels of membership have been changed. See below for details.
Now for the nitty-gritty of what's been done for the group. First off, I went through all the group deviations in the Gallery. There were WAY too many misplaced and unacceptable deviations; I removed these and thus freed up a lot of space for more paintings! Please make sure your painting doesn't break group rules before you submit. Also ensure you submit to the correct folder or your work will be denied. Our group only accepts paintings
or painting tutorials
. Quite straightforward, I think. I have also added short descriptions to each of the Gallery folders to help make it especially clear what type of work we accept. Here's a brief run-down on the current folders:
- Gallery "Featured" is for the best of the best from member submissions. No one can submit directly to this folder; I will select the paintings that I feel deserve to be featured and move them there from one of the other Gallery folders.
- Gallery "Traditional Paintings" is obviously meant for paintings made with traditional painting media.
- Gallery "Digital Paintings" is likewise clearly meant for digitally-created paintings. No digital drawings or other non-painting art!
- Gallery "Painting Tutorials" is for any painting tutorial, digital or traditional, but not for WIPs or progress images.
Now I'd like to go over the group action changes that have been made. Basically, all the levels of membership have distinct abilities within the group. Here's what everyone can do (most actions require admin votes to be approved, unless otherwise noted):
- Members can request to affiliate their group with this group and submit one deviation per week
- Contributors can request to affiliate their group with this group, submit one deviation per folder per week (automatically approved), and invite deviants to become group Members (automatically approved).
- Co-Founders can request to affiliate their group with this group, request to affiliate this group with another, submit one deviation per day (automatically approved), post a group journal entry (automatically approved), invite deviants to become group Members or Contributors (automatically approved), vote on submissions and requests, and edit various parts of the group.
- Founder can do anything
If you've read this far, I appreciate your taking the time to learn about all the hard work I've done over the past several days X3 I hope my efforts will show noticeable results in the efficiency and quality of this group. We must all work together to that end!